A monthly virtual meeting to discuss recent cardiovascular-themed manuscripts.
Paper at the November 16th Journal Club
Structure of the journal club
Members of the SCVP meet once a month, via Zoom, for a one hour journal club. The journal club is focused on clinically-oriented cardiovascular pathology findings, useful in the practice of pathology. The journal club will be led by a rotating group of members. Each leader will cover one or more manuscripts from the past month or so. Dates and times will be posted here and recordings of the journal club will be posted to our YouTube channel. A commentary covering the key points of the reviewed paper or papers will be generated and published in Cardiovascular Pathology.
The following journals represent the main source of current publications to be covered.
- Cardiovascular Pathology | Circulation
- New England Journal of Medicine | Circulation Research
- American Journal of Surgical Pathology | Modern Pathology
- Human Pathology | Laboratory Medicine
- Journal of Heart and Lung Transplant | Histopathology
- Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine | American Journal of Clinical Pathology
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
If you come across a manuscript that might be of interest for an upcoming journal club outside of this group of journals, please contact Peter Wang and let him know.
If you would like to volunteer to lead a journal club, please also contact Peter Wang.
Past and future schedule
May 19, 2022 | June 23, 2022 | September 22, 2022 | October 20, 2022 | November 22, 2022 | December 15, 2022 | March 2, 2023